Akaki Tsereteli State University (ATSU)
Akaki Tsereteli State University (ATSU) is located in Kutaisi, Georgia. ATSU is one of the oldest Caucasian multi-profile higher academic institutions, which ensures the unity and high quality of educational, research and business processes – aims at preparing professionals and leaders who will contribute to the development of their country and the world by creating, accumulating and spreading knowledge.
- 1930 – Kutaisi Akaki Tsereteli State University, in fact, was founded in the entrails of Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University.
- 1933-1990 – the institution was in the position of Alexander Tsulukidze State Pedagogical Institute.
- 1990, the higher education institution was transformed into Kutaisi Akaki Tsereteli State University, which was a logical culmination of the great work that the institute successfully had for almost six decades of its existence.
2006 – Kutaisi Akaki Tsereteli State University and Kutaisi N. Muskhelishvili State Technical University were unified. Through the unification the educational institution was named as a university and was called Akaki Tsereteli State University.
- By the resolution #353 of the Government of Georgia of 16 November, 2010, the legal entity of public law -Sokhumi State University of Subtropical Agriculture joined Akaki Tsereteli State University
The history of Akaki Tsereteli State University started eight decades ago and now, it is a higher educational institution in Georgia distinguished with its excellent traditions, which have found a decent place in the cultural-intellectual and moral upbringing of generations. The University has gained universal recognition as a result of staff training, high quality scientific potential and wide- ranging links with scientific institutes of advanced countries.
Akaki Tsereteli State University’s Tuition Fees And Programs For International Students.
|Bachelor Degree Programs||Tuition Fees per year||Duration|
|School of Health Sciences and Public Health|
|School of Humanities|
|Master’s Degree Programs||Tuition Fees per year||Duration|
|School of Humanities|
Leadership In Higher Education (MA)
To get Admission at the Akaki Tsereteli State University (ATSU) by simply filling this Application form or send all the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org .
List of the required documents:
- Copy of the passport;
- High School Certificate or BA degree Diploma (for MA degree applicants) along with transcript;
- Application fee payment receipt.
- Video Interview (Contact us for sample)
After submission, within the 7 working days of fulfilling the application requirements, you will get an official offer letter from the Akaki Tsereteli State University. On the basis of the signed offer letter, Admission office will start enrollment procedure. Translation, notarization, recognition and enrollment procedures take approximately 2 – 4 weeks.
ATSU has no deadline for admission. However, the University has two intakes. Students can get admission to either join Fall Academic Session (September batch) or the Spring Academic Session (February/March batch).
Once the invited applicant sends the personal identification and educational documentation to the Akaki Tsereteli State University, the documents will be submitted to the National Centre for Educational Quality Enhancement and to the Ministry of Education and Science to obtain the Ministry enrollment. As soon as the enrollment procedure will be successfully completed, the University will inform the applicant of his successful enrollment to study in Georgia.
Start your admission process to study in Akaki Tsereteli State University today, fill the Application form or send all the required documents to email@example.com.
As soon as the enrolment procedure will be successfully completed, ATSU will send you an official invitation letters which – together with other documents – will be required for the applicant to apply for studying VISA to the closest Georgian Embassy.
For more information about the visa regime for your country nationals and stateless persons residing in the relevant countries, see our Georgian Visa and Residence Permit for Students guide.
For Visa application related issue, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for professional support.
Akaki Tsereteli State University is involved in the Bologna process and is recognized both in Europe and in the US.
The University is a member of the following organizations.
- World Health organization (WHO)
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- United Nations Organization (UNO)
- International Association of Universities (IAU)
- European universities Association (EUA)
- European Association of International Education (EAIE)
- World Federation of Medical Education (WFME)
- Association of Medical Education of Europe (AMEE)
- International Education Society (IES, London)
- European Credit Transfer System (ECTS)
ATSU offers exchange programs and scholarships opportunites for its students through many of its International corporations. Some opportunites available to students include.
- Eramus +
- Fulbright MA Programs
- Fulbright Programs for the University Staff
- International Visitor Program
- University Administration Fellowship Program
- British Council
- DAAD Scholarship
- International Education Center
"Welcome to Akaki Tsereteli State University"
Take a visual tour of our University and see why ATSU is a favourite destination for International students.
The Continuous Education Center of Akaki Tsereteli State University has been functioning since December 2011.
Objectives of the Center:
- Promoting the continuity principle of learning and teaching, responding to new challenges, offering educational services.
- Qualification enhancement for the University academic personnel, students, interested target groups within the region.
- Development and implementation of training-packages, training courses and summer schools.
- Cooperation with educational institutions, student self-governance, non-governmental / governmental organizations, business sector.
- Active participation in the University activities and awareness raising events.
Since 2012, up to 3600 attendees have been trained by the Continuous Education Center.
The Center carries out up to 94 training-modules and certification courses.
The Continuous Education Centre is staffed by qualified trainers from the University with national and international experience.
Students’ Support and Development Services functions at Akaki Tsereteli State University which allows the students to communicate directly with the appropriate tier of the University’s hierarchy regarding any subject of personal interest to him/her in the university.
Here Students can get information about exchange programmes too.
ATSU’s campus is located at the heart of Kutaisi.
FabLab ATSU, is a well equipped Industrial Innovation Laboratory in ATSU. FAbL;ab ATSU is created with the objective of helping students and the University staff to generate ideas, create an invention and educational platform that will encourage innovative infrastructure development in Georgia.
The Scientific Library of Akaki Tsereteli State University was founded in 1933 by Academician Giorgi Akhvlediani and is currently one of the richest libraries in Georgia by collection. Collections of libraries of Muskhelishvili and Sokhumi Subtropical Universities are united in the Foundation as Akaki Tsereteli State University Library.
To learn more about apartments in Kutaisi, read Accommodation and Hostels In Georgia for International Students
Message for International Students
“Welcome to the Akaki Tsereteli State University! With hundreds of international students and visiting international scholars, the Akaki Tsereteli State University is a hub of learning and research in the region, offering quality education and excellent infrastructure to students from all around the world ”.
Top 12 reasons to Study In Kutaisi.
Address: 59, Tamar Mepe Street, Kutaisi, Georgia.
For Admission, Visa and Resident permit application.
Call: +995 571125222